Job Shop SIG Forum

Welcome to the Job Shop Group Forum. All Visitors may look at all topics and their associated threads on this Forum. However only AILU Members and Registered Users are allowed to create new topics or contribute to an existing topic. Thus to participate in this Forum, please remember to first log-in. If you are not a Registered User, please follow this link to register.

Topic: Job Shop forum / ENQUIRY: embossed logo removal on plastic trays

Page: 1

Posted: 21-08-2008 15:29 by Anna O'Neil

Dear AILU JS Members,

We have received the following enquiry about removal of logos on plastic trays.

Please can you let me know if you are interested in this application. The job details are below.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,
Anna

Anna O'Neil PhD
Technology Officer
AILU
Oxford House, 100 Ock Street, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 5DH, UK

T: +44 1235 539595  M: +44 7717 436672  F:+44 1235 550499
E: anna@ailu.org.uk W: http://www.ailu.org.uk

'Helping you make the most of laser technology'

A new enquiry has been submitted to the AILU website:

Nature: General Inquiry

Name: Debbie Dixon

Company: W K Thomas & Co Ltd

Telephone: 02083912211

Emailaddress: ddixon@wkthomas.com

Enquiry: We are looking for a laser workshop who would have the equipment to erase/neutralise small embossed logos on plastic trays but still leave them looking good and useable?  We have been advised by Laser Expertise Ltd that we would need an excimer (XMR) laser jobshop for this job.  If you can help could you give us an idea of what it would cost to process say 2,000 trays at a time  -  an ad hoc requirement we have every now and then.  Happy to forward samples if required - thank you.

Received: 2008-08-21 12:55:35

Posted: 22-08-2008 13:15 by Microm1

What plastic is it?

Posted: 22-08-2008 18:28 by Anna O'Neil

Sorry Neil I'm afraid I don't know. I'm trying to find out.

I spoke to Charles Dean about marking today - removal of marks are particularly tough because the laser removes across the whole region.

How do you get around that? Are lasers the best way forward for this?

Best wishes,
Anna