Job Shop SIG Forum

Welcome to the Job Shop Group Forum. All Visitors may look at all topics and their associated threads on this Forum. However only AILU Members and Registered Users are allowed to create new topics or contribute to an existing topic. Thus to participate in this Forum, please remember to first log-in. If you are not a Registered User, please follow this link to register.

Topic: Job Shop forum / gas surcharges question

Page: 1

Posted: 15-04-2009 16:41 by Lexpert

Hello everybody

We are supplied by air products - who are, like other gas suppliers - a bunch of pirates.

We signed a new supply agreement in 2007 and the basic price of supply of bulk nitrogen has risen about 10% since then - which is reasonable. However - AP have added a surcharge of £44 per 1000kg for nitrogen- which is a rip off i think. AP are insisting that its reasonable in view of the price of oil/power/fish/whatevercomestomind.

My question is - are any of you paying surcharges on your nitrogen? and, if so, how much?

Cheers

John powell

Laser Expertise

Posted: 15-04-2009 16:59 by Bob Morris

Hi John,

We are supplied by 'boc' and have paid an energy surcharge of £0.66 per hcm since 2006, having just renegotiated our supply contract we have not seen any new surcharges applied, we encountered a increase of 4.5% in the gas price since the agreed price in 2006.

Bob Morris

Victor Manufacturing Limited

Posted: 23-04-2009 15:34 by Lpro

We are also supplied by AP. The basic price for nitrogen has risen nearly 37% since 2007, surcharge has gone from £5.10 pt to £44 pt and delivery charge has gone from £65 to £105. Based on 10 tonne delivery this comes out at just undr £200 pt. I have spoken to AP and they have come back with a new offer which will save approx £20 pt - still way too high in the light of reduced energy costs and in order to get this new rate I have to sign another three year contract.