Job Shop SIG Forum

Welcome to the Job Shop Group Forum. All Visitors may look at all topics and their associated threads on this Forum. However only AILU Members and Registered Users are allowed to create new topics or contribute to an existing topic. Thus to participate in this Forum, please remember to first log-in. If you are not a Registered User, please follow this link to register.

Topic: Job Shop forum / Likely Chinese Scam

Page: 1

Posted: 01-01-2010 16:27 by Cirrus

The scam runs along the lines of an enquiry from China for delivery over 10 months to a third party destination. It sounds too good to be true, there is no negotiation over price and terms and conditions in fact quotes are accepted immediately and the email address is not linked to a company e.g. ***@btinternet.com NOT ***@companyname.co.uk

Eventually you are invited to travel to China to sign the contract and have it notarized in China at a cost of 7000 Euros (currently) apparently the contract can only be paid through the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.

I have been invited to China to sign a contract, but I have been talking to the Foreign Office authorities in China because I could smell a rat from the drawings, the method of packaging, the lack of technical knowledge and it was too good to be true!

Go here for a Danish viewpoint

http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?coun_code=th&news_id=5834

I have also posted on the visitor forum

Dave Connaway

Chair JSG