Job Shop SIG Forum

Welcome to the Job Shop Group Forum. All Visitors may look at all topics and their associated threads on this Forum. However only AILU Members and Registered Users are allowed to create new topics or contribute to an existing topic. Thus to participate in this Forum, please remember to first log-in. If you are not a Registered User, please follow this link to register.

Topic: Job Shop forum / Bevelled Laser Cutting

Page: 1

Posted: 08-02-2010 17:14 by

Hi all

We have an enquiry in 15mm Mild Steel that requires a 20 degree chamfer laser cutting on one edge. Please get in touch if you have a laser that can cut chamfers.

Regards

Martin Cook

martinc@cut-tec.co.uk

Posted: 08-02-2010 17:19 by Subcon Laser

Hi Martin,

I don't think this is possible as I do not know a 5 axis laser that will cut 15mm.  Mayflower Technologies in Leeds (I think they have a different name now) were advertising the fact that they could do this type of work, however I am unsure if they were also limited on thickness. 

Posted: 08-02-2010 17:23 by

Hi Tom

Thanks for that. We've spoken to Mayflower and unfortunately their minimum order value is too high.

Regards

Martin

Posted: 08-02-2010 18:36 by Cirrus

Laser Tube Cutting at Dudley Hill Bradford have an Adige Jumbo that puts weld preps on 16mm thick steel tube view the Jumbo here

http://www.lasertube.co.uk/page.asp?PageID=1269

The latest Flow waterjet machines will put a weld prep on as thick as you like, unfortunately my Flow is not to the newest spec (might soon be!)

Rgds

Dave